QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT COMMITMENT
We Pride Ourselves On Maintaining A Meticulous HSE Response Program:
- Protect & preserve life and restore injured persons to health
- Protect the environment by using the 3”C’s”: Control Contain Clean-up!
- Repair of equipment or process and resuming of normal operations
Our personnel go through training at our in house center & abroad for fatigue management,
road risk management, defensive driving, driving of hazardous cargo such as cyanide, radioactive & explosives.
HSE awareness programs and refresher courses are carried out every year.
Freight Forwarders was the first company certified to transport Sodium Cyanide
in Tanzania by the International Cyanide Management Institute.
Freight Forwarders Tanzania (FFT) firmly believes that environmental protection is of equal importance to all other aspects
of its operations.
Our policy framework is designed to:
– Establish and maintain the most effective environmental control procedures
– Set targets for their achievement, and
– To follow all applicable legal requirements in the countries and regions in which we work, in the interests of environmental preservation and protection.
We are committed to protect the environment, the communities in which we work and the health and safety of its employees, fellow workers and stake
holders at all times, and actively encourage environmental awareness, reduction of wastes and the unnecessary use of environmentally harm full
practices and products as a priorities for all employees and an operational consideration.
No operation shall be undertaken without prior environmental risk assessments which form part of our quality planning controls.
All employees are empowered by the management to be able to STOP any operation which poses a threat to the environment.
- To constantly improve our Environmental Management System by having an absolute commitment to continuous improvement through an
audit assessment and analysis of our environmental performance, observing current legislation and statutory regulations.
- To actively promote environmental protection and preservation within the corporate and local community
Freight Forwarders (T) Ltd. is an accredited member of the ‘Tanzania Freight Forwarders Association’ (TAFFA). TAFFA regulates, monitor, control and co-ordinate the freight forwarding industry in the United Republic of Tanzania. It acts as the mouthpiece of the members who are licensed freight forwarding companies, individuals, and institutions in the country. TAFFA has a membership of over 500 companies who are fully licensed by TRA; as clearing and forwarding agents in Tanzania.